Sheet Pan Chicken with Lemon Butter
and roasted carrots / butter lettuce salad
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 1 lb, chopped
- Radishes - 10, halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Green onions - 2 stalks, finely chopped, green and white parts combined
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butter - 8 oz, leaves torn (sub Boston leaf)
- Carrots / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make lemon butter - Defrost butter in the microwave just until soft, ~10 seconds. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, honey, and mustard (portion for chicken). If using unsalted butter, add some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Radishes - Slice off ends and then cut in half (this video shows how to slice - stop at the halving step). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken - Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Green onions - Chop, combining green and white parts.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots and radishes with cooking oil (portion for vegetables). Season with some salt and pepper. Spread vegetables out on a sheet pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes to get them started cooking.
- While vegetable are cooking, heat a large skillet with cooking oil (portion for chicken) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken just until light golden brown, ~3 minutes per side.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and give them a stir. Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- If lemon butter was refrigerated, warm it in the microwave until pourable. Give it a stir and then pour it over the chicken and vegetables.
- Return sheet pan to the oven and continue roasting until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes. (Note: The timing will vary depending on the thickness of chicken thighs and how much they cooked during the searing step. Chicken is done when it reaches 165F / 74C degrees.)
- While chicken and vegetables finish cooking, whisk together mustard (portion for salad) and vinegar in a large salad bowl. Add olive oil while whisking. Tear lettuce and pile on top of vinaigrette. Add green onions. Wait to toss until right before serving.
- Serve chicken and roasted vegetables with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Delicious and very flavorful. Lemon butter is very rich.0 Helpful
Absolutely delicious, the flavors of the salad complimented the chicken and veggies perfectly!0 Helpful
Excellent! Easy and tasty. I've come to really enjoy roasted radishes (I really do not like them raw).0 Helpful
Loved this! I radishes at my grocery this trip, so i subbed potatoes and it went really well. Definitely will make again!0 Helpful
Quick and easy, minimal cleanup! I used parsnips instead of radishes because of availability, and added Italian seasoning to the veggies off someone else's review.0 Helpful
Served with sriracha and plain Greek yogurt. It was good but nothing mind blowing. Would make again in a pinch but I’d skip the radishes.0 Helpful