Sheet Pan Chicken with Lemon Butter
and roasted carrots / butter lettuce salad
Sheet Pan Chicken with Lemon Butter:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
Roasted Carrots and Radishes:
- Carrots - 1 lb , chopped
- Radishes - 10 , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
Butter Lettuce Salad:
- Green onions - 2 stalks , finely chopped, green and white parts combined
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butter - 8 oz , leaves torn (sub Boston leaf)
- Carrots / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make lemon butter - Defrost butter in the microwave just until soft, ~10 seconds. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, honey, and mustard (portion for chicken). If using unsalted butter, add some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Radishes - Slice off ends and then cut in half (this video shows how to slice - stop at the halving step). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken - Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Green onions - Chop, combining green and white parts.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots and radishes with cooking oil (portion for vegetables). Season with some salt and pepper. Spread vegetables out on a sheet pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes to get them started cooking.
- While vegetable are cooking, heat a large skillet with cooking oil (portion for chicken) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken just until light golden brown, ~3 minutes per side.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and give them a stir. Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- If lemon butter was refrigerated, warm it in the microwave until pourable. Give it a stir and then pour it over the chicken and vegetables.
- Return sheet pan to the oven and continue roasting until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes. (Note: The timing will vary depending on the thickness of chicken thighs and how much they cooked during the searing step. Chicken is done when it reaches 165F / 74C degrees.)
- While chicken and vegetables finish cooking, whisk together mustard (portion for salad) and vinegar in a large salad bowl. Add olive oil while whisking. Tear lettuce and pile on top of vinaigrette. Add green onions. Wait to toss until right before serving.
- Serve chicken and roasted vegetables with salad on the side. Enjoy!