Cajun Shrimp Salad
with carrots / walnuts
With its quick prep and Cajun-inspired dressing, this meal will have you dreaming of summer. This salad was in a meal plan in 2018.
Cajun Shrimp Salad:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , shredded (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 cup , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 1/2 cup
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Carrots - Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Cajun dressing - Whisk together Cajun seasoning (the portion for the dressing), mustard, honey, hot sauce (if using), vinegar, and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top with carrots, tomatoes, shrimp, and walnuts. Toss with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!