Cajun Shrimp Po' Boywith chips / pickles
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, leaves torn (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Hoagie buns - 4 (sub hotdog buns)
- Pickles, sliced or whole (opt) - for serving
- Chips, for serving - 4 cups
- Mayonnaise - 6 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Pickle juice (opt) - 1/2 tsp (from a jar of pickles)
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Make creamy Cajun sauce - Combine mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning (the portion for the sauce), garlic powder, mustard, pickle juice, and hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Toast hoagie / hotdog buns.
- Assemble sandwiches by brushing the insides of the rolls with half of the Creamy Cajun Sauce. Add lettuce and then shrimp. Drizzle remaining sauce over top and finish with green onions.
- Serve sandwiches with lemon wedges to squeeze over top of the shrimp. Enjoy with pickles and chips on the side.
4.5 stars, really. This was pretty popular with the whole family. We all love shrimp! The cajun sauce is tasty. I might play around with it a little. I used really big shrimp, which would normally be great, but smaller shrimp would be better. I really liked it with tomatoes, even if they weren't great, yet. I might want to serve oven fries with these next time.0 Helpful
These were delicious and a very quick recipe. The sauce is fantastic!0 Helpful
Delicious! I made my own Cajun seasoning and we roasted cauliflower to go with it.0 Helpful
Another surprise, we all enjoyed it. Just add a little Crystal hot sauce on top!0 Helpful
Soooooo good! We served roasted broccoli with it instead of chips.0 Helpful
So delicious and easy! Came together so quick. Perfect weeknight meal. We just toasted regular loaf bread.0 Helpful