Honey Adobo Chopped Salad
with avocado / queso fresco / black beans / tortilla chips
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry (opt) - 1 cup, halved
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips - 4 oz, crumbled
- Cheese, queso fresco - 4 oz, crumbled (sub Mexican or cheddar cheese, shredded)
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Sour cream - 1 Tbsp (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Make Adobo dressing - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, paprika, and sour cream. Add oil (portion for dressing) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lettuce / Cucumbers / Tomatoes (if using) / Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Corn - If using frozen, defrost. If using canned, drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil (for salad). Add corn and beans and saute until heated through, ~2 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp / 15 mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of dressing and saute for 1 minute more.
- Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, green onions, tomatoes, and avocados. Crumble tortilla chips into salad. Add dressing and toss until dressed to your liking.
- Top salad with corn / black beans and cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
I love this salad. It's easy and filling.0 Helpful
We made the original version, but with dairy free options. We used DF sour cream and dairy free Cheddar cheese. My husband just eye balled the marinade/dressing. This recipe is so delicious!! This is just like a southwest salad. We will definitely make this again and again. Definite keeper and such a fast meal to put together.0 Helpful
This is on heavy rotation in our house. Filling and delicious while also being light and refreshing. Our kids love to take the chicken, beans and corn and make burritos.0 Helpful
Very good and filling veggie salad!0 Helpful
I wish I had made a little more dressing, but this was a very delicious salad, and easy to make quickly.0 Helpful
This is one of the best salads I've ever had. Definitely restaurant worthy and super satisfying.0 Helpful