[Leftover] Char Siu Zucchini Noodles
with snap peas / carrots
Use leftover roasted pork from earlier in the week to make this zucchini noodle stir-fry that is absolutely packed full of colorful vegetables.
Smarts: Cabbage can take a long time to cook and will reduce considerably in the process. Things will go faster if you are using very thinly sliced cabbage or coleslaw mix. Adjust the time as needed so that all of your vegetables are tender to your liking, but don’t rush it - the cabbage will be best when it's super tender and has almost a silky texture.
- Carrots - 8 oz , thinly sliced
- Cabbage, green - 8 oz , thinly sliced (sub coleslaw mix)
- Zucchini - 12 oz , spiralized or peeled into strips
- Green onions - 2 stalks , finely chopped, green and white parts separate
- Char siu pork (leftover from Monday) - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Snap peas - 8 oz (sub snow peas)
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cashew butter - 3 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1/4 tsp
Make stir-fry sauce - Combine garlic, water, cashew butter, aminos, and vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Green onions - Chop, keeping green and white parts separate.
Leftover pork - If not already chopped, slice pork into bite-size pieces.
Heat a wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and saute until nearly tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add cabbage to carrots and saute both together until very tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add water to the pan if it starts to look dry.
When carrots and cabbage are tender, season them with some salt. Add white parts of green onions, snap peas, and pork. Saute to warm everything, 3 to 4 minutes more.
Whisk arrowroot powder into stir-fry sauce.
Add stir-fry sauce and zucchini to wok and toss everything together until zucchini is tender, ~2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in green parts of green onions and cashews.
Serve zucchini noodles with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!