Sheet Pan Greek Tofu with Lentils
with oregano potatoes / kale salad
This fresh and colorful meal can be easily customized to fit a variety of diet preferences. It was last featured in a meal plan in 2018.
Smarts: Prepping the Greek lentils ahead will save a lot of time when you're trying to get this meal on the table.
- Lentils, cooked - 1 1/2 cups (use pre-cooked lentils or if cooking from dried, use half the amount of dried and prepare according to package directions)
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz, 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick slices
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick slices. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make Greek lentils - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) If using canned lentils, drain and rinse. Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine with lentils and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for lentils). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for tofu), cornstarch, paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C. Set out two sheet pans.
- Spread potatoes out on one sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- While potatoes are roasting, rub tofu on all sides with olive oil (portion for tofu) and toss with spice blend. Spread tofu out in a single layer on second sheet pan.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425F / 218C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer both sheet pans to the oven. Cook potatoes and tofu until potatoes are tender and tofu is golden brown on the top, ~20 minutes for both.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- If Greek lentils were made ahead and chilled, heat briefly in the microwave (just enough to prevent them from being very cold when spooned over the warm tofu).
- Squeeze lemon juice over tofu and serve with Greek lentils on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
The salmon was good, but the potatoes were the bomb dot com!!0 Helpful
Loved it! So did my 5 and 3 year olds. They were asking for seconds. It was so easy to prepare and really was a meal you could impress guests with. I will definitely be making this again.0 Helpful
Loved the salmon! I pulled out this recipe to use with some salmon I defrosted last-minute, and while I didn't have olives on hand, the Greek salsa was still a tasty topping. Paired it with leftover herbed potato salad we had on hand, but I'm sure the oregano potatoes and kale salad would be tasty accompaniments for next time.0 Helpful
Love it.0 Helpful
Absolutely my favorite Salmon recipe!0 Helpful
subbed tomato and oregano salsa for red peppers and olives. Great meal.0 Helpful