Sheet Pan Greek Salmonwith oregano potatoes / kale salad
This fresh and colorful meal can be easily customized to fit a variety of diet preferences. It was last featured in a meal plan in 2018.
Smarts: Prepping the Greek salsa ahead will save a lot of time when you're trying to get this meal on the table.
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Make Greek salsa - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for salsa). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for salmon), paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread potatoes on a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425F / 218C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper. Return to oven and continue roasting until nearly tender, ~20 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly tender, remove pan from oven and spread potatoes out to the sides. Place salmon in the center. Drizzle olive oil (portion for salmon) over salmon and top with spice blend.
- Return pan to the oven and continue cooking salmon and potatoes together until salmon flakes easily with a fork, ~12 minutes more.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon and serve with Greek salsa on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
This meal has 19 reviews
This is a very adult meal. My 8 year old did not appreciate. I thought it was hecka good. I didn't change anything.
The potatoes were amazing! I made this with chicken instead of salmon and I marinated the chicken overnight in the oil and spices instead of sprinkling it over the top. It was really yummy!
potatoes came out perfectly. my husband said it was the best salmon i'd made so far. and ive made a lot of different types of salmon
This was very nice. Would definitely make it again.
Really good! We loved the lentils and tofu combination. We re-used dressing from last week (the shallots and lemon juice one), and it was also great on this. We loved the sunflower seeds as well.