Sheet Pan Greek Salmon
with oregano potatoes / kale salad
This fresh and colorful meal can be easily customized to fit a variety of diet preferences. It was last featured in a meal plan in 2018.
Smarts: Prepping the Greek salsa ahead will save a lot of time when you're trying to get this meal on the table.
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Make Greek salsa - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for salsa). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for salmon), paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread potatoes on a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425F / 218C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper. Return to oven and continue roasting until nearly tender, ~20 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly tender, remove pan from oven and spread potatoes out to the sides. Place salmon in the center. Drizzle olive oil (portion for salmon) over salmon and top with spice blend.
- Return pan to the oven and continue cooking salmon and potatoes together until salmon flakes easily with a fork, ~12 minutes more.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon and serve with Greek salsa on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
The salmon was good, but the potatoes were the bomb dot com!!0 Helpful
Loved it! So did my 5 and 3 year olds. They were asking for seconds. It was so easy to prepare and really was a meal you could impress guests with. I will definitely be making this again.0 Helpful
Loved the salmon! I pulled out this recipe to use with some salmon I defrosted last-minute, and while I didn't have olives on hand, the Greek salsa was still a tasty topping. Paired it with leftover herbed potato salad we had on hand, but I'm sure the oregano potatoes and kale salad would be tasty accompaniments for next time.0 Helpful
Love it.0 Helpful
Absolutely my favorite Salmon recipe!0 Helpful
subbed tomato and oregano salsa for red peppers and olives. Great meal.0 Helpful