Sheet Pan Greek Salmonwith oregano potatoes / kale salad
This fresh and colorful meal can be easily customized to fit a variety of diet preferences. It was last featured in a meal plan in 2018.
Smarts: Prepping the Greek salsa ahead will save a lot of time when you're trying to get this meal on the table.
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Make Greek salsa - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for salsa). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for salmon), paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread potatoes on a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425F / 218C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper. Return to oven and continue roasting until nearly tender, ~20 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly tender, remove pan from oven and spread potatoes out to the sides. Place salmon in the center. Drizzle olive oil (portion for salmon) over salmon and top with spice blend.
- Return pan to the oven and continue cooking salmon and potatoes together until salmon flakes easily with a fork, ~12 minutes more.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon and serve with Greek salsa on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
Very tasty. Really liked the Greek Salsa! Prep made it come together easily! Used the mini red new potatoes. Flavors were great together.0 Helpful
I happened to have some roasted butternut squash leftovers that I threw on the salad, and that worked pretty well. This whole meal was so colorful and delicious - it would be great for a party. Shows well and tastes great!0 Helpful
This was super delicious! every part of it. i really liked the lentil salad especially. I don't like peppers so i substituted tomatoes instead and they were great.0 Helpful
The potatoes were the best -- this is definitely the best way to make roasted potatoes. I also liked the vinaigrette and sunflower seeds in the salad. Although it looked great, the tofu was surprisingly bland. I liked the lentil salad, and the tofu felt like a hearty delivery method for the lentils, but I'm not sure the tofu added much.0 Helpful
Used an olive tapenade instead of making my own, and it worked well.0 Helpful
Great meal! We all enjoyed this! My kids loved the "salsa" on the salmon. Will make this again, for sure!0 Helpful