Spinach, Artichoke, and Bell Pepper Frittata
- Bacon - 8 strips
Spinach, Artichoke, and Bell Pepper Frittata:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Baby spinach - 4 oz , chopped
- Artichoke hearts, canned or frozen - 1 1/2 cups , chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers / Shallots / Spinach - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store bell peppers in one container. Combine shallots and spinach. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Artichoke hearts - If using canned artichoke hearts, drain and rinse. If using frozen, defrost. Roughly chop. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then bell peppers with a pinch of salt. Saute until bell peppers are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes, shallots, and spinach and saute everything together until spinach is wilted, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to combine ingredients.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and bake until cooked through, ~20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- When frittata is nearly finished, heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and fry on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Slice frittata and serve with bacon on the side. Enjoy!