Balsamic Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Mushroom Saute
with fried egg
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, cubed
- Sausage, pre-cooked or smoked - 1 lb, sliced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mushrooms, any type - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Sage - 4 leaves, diced
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Eggs - 4
- Shallots / Sweet Potatoes / Sausage - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make balsamic sauce - Combine aminos, vinegar, and mustard. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pre-cook sweet potatoes - Place sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until sweet potatoes are tender, 4 to 7 minutes (depending on the size of the cubes). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Sage / Lemons - Prep as directed.
- Place a large saute pan or wok with first part of oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sausage. Saute until mushrooms are nearly tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add shallots, sage, and some salt and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach and balsamic sauce until everything is combined. Continue cooking until spinach is completely wilted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While spinach is cooking, place a large nonstick pan (for eggs) over low-medium heat.
- Return to sausage and stir in sweet potatoes until everything is combined. Taste and season with some salt and pepper. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- To the heated nonstick pan, add second part of oil. Crack eggs into heated oil and cook to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip them for over-easy.
- Divide saute between serving plates. Top each portion with an egg and serve with lemon slices on the side. Enjoy!
Yummy, could make a good breakfast. Simple to make.0 Helpful
I was surprised to love this - it came together even better as leftovers. Will make again!0 Helpful
We loved this! I did crumbled sausage instead of precooked. I cubed the sweet potatoes very tiny and it came together very fast!0 Helpful
Love this - doubled the sauce as many suggested. We also added soyrizo to my fiance's since he can't do egg.0 Helpful
Bleh, I don’t know how so many people like this. Flavors are lacking and the little flavor that is there isn’t great.0 Helpful
This was so good. It had a great comfort food quality. Will definitely make again.0 Helpful