Shrimp with Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
and artichoke hearts
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Broccoli - 10 oz, chopped
- Artichoke hearts (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- Sun-dried tomatoes - 1 cup, drained, rinsed, and chopped (from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil)
- Bacon - 4 strips, chopped
- Oil - 1 Tbsp (from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil)
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - for serving
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Broccoli / Artichoke hearts / Sun-dried tomatoes / Bacon - Prep as directed. Store broccoli and bacon in their own containers. Combine artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. (Note: See ingredients list and be sure to reserve some oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pre-cook broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon is dark brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain off all but 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of bacon grease (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan and add shrimp. Saute until shrimp is nearly cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season shrimp with some salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Stir in broccoli, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and reserved oil. Saute until shrimp is finished cooking and everything is warmed through.
- Divide shrimp saute between serving plates. Top with bacon and some red pepper flakes if you’d like.
very good!!0 Helpful
Fantastic! We loved this - including both of the tiny food critics in my house (1.5 years old and 3.5 years old)!0 Helpful
This one is going on the short list for sure!0 Helpful
We loved this. It did require a lot of dishes, but it was worth it. My husband even said it was "restaurant quality!" I followed the recipe except I didn't have broccoli, so I used zucchini to make sure we still got some veggies. So yummy!0 Helpful
Really delicious and filling pasta dish. Easy to customize the base pasta by adding different veggies and avoiding bacon, but I love the original!0 Helpful
Made a mess in the kitchen (lots of moving parts) but wow this was tasty.0 Helpful