Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Chard
and roasted cauliflower
These pork chops are served with a rich, colorful pan sauce that is made with mushrooms, chard, and pancetta for an added layer of flavor.
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Chard, any type - 8 leaves, chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Pork chops, boneless - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Pancetta - 5 oz, diced (look for pre-diced)
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Shallots / Chard / Cauliflower - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pork chops - Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, ~30 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is roasting, heat a large skillet or Dutch oven with first portion of cooking oil over medium heat. Add pork chops. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F / 63C degrees.
- Set pork chops aside and let rest, covered. Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add second portion of cooking oil and then mushrooms. Saute until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To mushrooms, add shallots, pancetta, and chard stems. Saute for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in arrowroot powder until no dry spots remain.
- Add stock and chard leaves while whisking. Cover with a lid for a minute to get the leaves started steaming. Then cook for 4 minutes more, until leaves are wilted and stock has cooked down into a thick sauce.
- Remove vegetables from the heat. Stir in lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Slice pork chops. Spoon vegetables over top. Enjoy with cauliflower on the side.
Awesome simple meal. Used bacon instead of pancetta and I’m really glad I did. Putting this on repeat.0 Helpful
This recipe was a little meh for me. But I subbed in kale for the chard and bacon for the pancetta and onions for the shallots since I had those on hand so maybe that was my doing? The roasted cauliflower was amazing though - that was my favorite part.0 Helpful
Not a big fan of chard, but this dish made it taste great. Really nice combination of flavors, cooksmarts team!!0 Helpful
My friend made this for us to eat when he stayed at my house. It was very nice. I think I’ll just go for bacon if I make it again.0 Helpful
Love this! I think this would be nice for a dinner with friends.0 Helpful
Combined the gluten free recipe with the paleo recipe. Made the pork chops from paleo recipe and from gluten free used Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi in the air fryer, then mixed with the sauce/veggies. Super yummy and my family loved it!0 Helpful