Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Pancetta
and roasted cauliflower
This simple, comforting skillet meal is a twist on a meal we featured in 2017. This time around the dish has a rich sauce and includes pancetta for an extra layer of flavor.
Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Pancetta:
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Chard, any type - 8 leaves , chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Pancetta - 5 oz , diced (look for pre-diced)
- Flour, all-purpose - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cheese, parmesan - for serving , grated
Italian Roasted Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower - 1 lb , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Shallots / Chard / Cauliflower - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-sliced) - Slice mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with oil (portion for cauliflower), Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, ~30 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is roasting, bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven with oil (for gnocchi) over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To mushrooms, add shallots, pancetta, and chard stems. Saute for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flour until no dry spots remain.
- Add stock and chard leaves while whisking. Cover with a lid for a minute to get the leaves started steaming. Then cook for 4 minutes more, until leaves are wilted and stock has cooked down into a thick sauce.
- Remove vegetables / sauce from the heat. Stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve gnocchi with cauliflower on the side. Top gnocchi with some parmesan cheese, if you’d like. Enjoy!