Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Pancettaand roasted cauliflower
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Chard, any type - 8 leaves, chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Pancetta - 5 oz, diced (look for pre-diced)
- Flour, all-purpose - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cheese, parmesan - for serving, grated
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with oil (portion for cauliflower), Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, ~30 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is roasting, bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven with oil (for gnocchi) over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To mushrooms, add shallots, pancetta, and chard stems. Saute for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flour until no dry spots remain.
- Add stock and chard leaves while whisking. Cover with a lid for a minute to get the leaves started steaming. Then cook for 4 minutes more, until leaves are wilted and stock has cooked down into a thick sauce.
- Remove vegetables / sauce from the heat. Stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve gnocchi with cauliflower on the side. Top gnocchi with some parmesan cheese, if you’d like. Enjoy!
This meal has 40 reviews
Husband and I loved this (kids had spaghetti). I doubled the cauliflower and would quadruple it next time. Going into the rotation.
So heavy and texturally homogeneous with the bean/gnocchi combo. The chard was good and the lemon juice was crucial. I found the side of cauliflower tasty on its own, but not sure how/why it went with this dish.
Way too heavy... like eating a brick. I think I just don’t like gnocchi.
Wonderful! Will definitely make again!
Store didn't have Swiss chard so used rainbow chard which may have made it more bland. I love gnocchi and while I loved how healthy it was it just lacked a lot of flavor.
Not a huge fan of beans and pasta. Loved the chard, shallots, and mushrooms combo.