Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Pancetta
and roasted cauliflower
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Chard, any type - 8 leaves, chopped, stems and leaves separate
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Gnocchi - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Pancetta - 5 oz, diced (look for pre-diced)
- Flour, all-purpose - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cheese, parmesan - for serving, grated
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with oil (portion for cauliflower), Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, ~30 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is roasting, bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven with oil (for gnocchi) over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To mushrooms, add shallots, pancetta, and chard stems. Saute for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flour until no dry spots remain.
- Add stock and chard leaves while whisking. Cover with a lid for a minute to get the leaves started steaming. Then cook for 4 minutes more, until leaves are wilted and stock has cooked down into a thick sauce.
- Remove vegetables / sauce from the heat. Stir in gnocchi and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve gnocchi with cauliflower on the side. Top gnocchi with some parmesan cheese, if you’d like. Enjoy!
This was my second time making this and so I made some changes based on what others commented. I added cherry tomatoes at the same time as the shallots and pancetta. And, I added spinach I'm the last few minutes of cooking instead of chard. It turned out really well!!0 Helpful
Nothing really impressive. Though the colors were beautiful.0 Helpful
Awesome simple meal. Used bacon instead of pancetta and I’m really glad I did. Putting this on repeat.0 Helpful
This recipe was a little meh for me. But I subbed in kale for the chard and bacon for the pancetta and onions for the shallots since I had those on hand so maybe that was my doing? The roasted cauliflower was amazing though - that was my favorite part.0 Helpful
Not a big fan of chard, but this dish made it taste great. Really nice combination of flavors, cooksmarts team!!0 Helpful
My friend made this for us to eat when he stayed at my house. It was very nice. I think I’ll just go for bacon if I make it again.0 Helpful