[Leftover] Korean Bulgogi Soup
with snow peas / cabbage / mushrooms
Using leftover bulgogi bolognese from Monday, this soup comes together super fast and has enough layers of flavors to taste like it simmered all day.
Korean Bulgogi Soup:
- Garlic - 4 cloves , chopped
- Kimchi - 1/2 cup , chopped (plus extra for serving)
- Hot sauce of choice - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Mushrooms, shiitake - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Green onions - 3 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Snow peas - 8 oz
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz (sub finely chopped cabbage)
- Korean Bulgogi (leftover from Monday) - ~2 1/2 cups
- Stock, any type - 5 cups
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Garlic / Kimchi - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make soup base - Combine garlic, hot sauce, aminos, and vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms (if not pre-chopped) / Green onions - Prep as directed.
- Heat a Dutch oven with oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until starting to turn golden brown in spots, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in white parts of green onions, snow peas, coleslaw, and kimchi and saute until coleslaw cooks down, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add soup base and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute.
- Add leftover Korean bulgogi and stock. Stir everything to combine. Cover soup and simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- When soup is done, remove it from heat and stir in lemon juice. Taste and season soup with some salt, more hot sauce, or more lemon juice.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Top with green parts of green onions. Enjoy!