Fattoush Salad with Pan-Fried Chickpeas
and creamy tahini dressing
With the balance of creamy dressing, warm chickpeas, and crunch from pita chips crumbled over top right at the end, fattoush salads are a favorite among our community members. This is similar to several versions we've featured in the past, but includes the addition of avocados for another creamy, flavorful element.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1, juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados. Crumble chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!
Added olives & red onions. Delicious.0 Helpful
Great! Made pita chips from pita in the airfryer, and after that made the chickpeas in the airfryer.0 Helpful
Added parsley, kalamata olives and shallots. Didn’t have yogurt or tahini so subed in sour cream. My lemons were very juicy so didn’t use water. Didn’t use the pita chips. Used romaine lettuce instead of a mix for crunch.0 Helpful
Just an amazing, classic vegetarian alternative. So good!!0 Helpful
This is a great salad and a hit. I made it the next week for my vegan mother and she loved it!0 Helpful
I love fattoush salad! Never knew about it before CookSmarts, but I'm always excited to see it in a menu. The dressing was delicious and all the ingredients went so well together.0 Helpful