Fattoush Salad with Pan-Fried Chickpeasand creamy tahini dressing
With the balance of creamy dressing, warm chickpeas, and crunch from pita chips crumbled over top right at the end, fattoush salads are a favorite among our community members. This is similar to several versions we've featured in the past, but includes the addition of avocados for another creamy, flavorful element.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1, juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados. Crumble chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!
This meal has 28 reviews
Favorited! Husband said who knew a bunch of vegetables could taste so good, there must at least be cheese in here? Nope! Used green beans instead of salad greens and baked cut up naan for croutons instead of feta. Had to keep the tomatoes separate for our tomato hater. The dressing was amazing! Left out the fresh garlic because it’s too overpowering for us, sprinkled some granulated garlic in it and used coconut yogurt instead of tahini.
Added ground chicken for protein, and doubled the spices and dressing to compensate. Delicious!
Beautiful and healthy but not my favorite.
Tasty flavor combination. Hardy and filling. I did like the tahini dressing, unlike many reviewers.
The tahini was a touch odd to me in this one. I really liked everything else about it, but would prefer a different dressing next round.
Quick and easy, but would prefer heartier dishes in February.