Italian Sausage and Chard Frittata
with oven-roasted potatoes
This rustic, Italian-inspired frittata is packed with greens and flavorful Italian sausage. Serve it with oven roasted potatoes and a big spoonful of yogurt on top.
Italian Sausage and Chard Frittata:
- Chard, any type - 6 leaves , chopped, leaves and stems separate
- Eggs - 6
- Milk, any type - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sausage, Italian and raw - 8 oz (use mild or spicy)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
Roasted Italian Potatoes:
- Potatoes, Russet or Yukon gold - 1 lb , cubed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Chard - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Chop chard stems and leaves, keeping them separate. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Potatoes - Cube potatoes (you can peel them first or leave the peel on).
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chard stems and sausage and cook, breaking sausage apart until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain any excess oil out of the pan and return pan to heat.
- To sausage, add chard leaves and saute until leaves are wilted, ~3 minutes.
- Pour eggs over sausage and stir to combine ingredients.
- Bake frittata 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Potatoes may finish a few minutes before frittata, so transfer them to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.)
- Slice frittata and serve with potatoes on the side. Enjoy with yogurt (it’s great on the frittata and on the potatoes).