Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Ricewith stir-fried ginger cabbage
This is a classic paleo-friendly version of shrimp fried rice with cauliflower rice and scrambled eggs for texture.
Smarts: Don’t want to serve the ginger cabbage on the side? Just leave it in the pan and add the other ingredients in the order listed.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Carrots - 8 oz, thinly sliced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Eggs - 2
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Cabbage, green or red - 16 oz, thinly sliced (sub coleslaw mix)
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp, finely diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1 tsp
- Heat a wok with cooking oil (portion for cabbage) over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and saute until tender but still slightly crunchy, 7 to 8 minutes. (Add some water if the pan starts to look dry.) Add ginger and some salt and saute for 1 minute more. Fold in toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. Taste and season with some salt. Transfer cabbage to a serving dish and cover to keep warm.
- Return wok to heat and add first portion of oil (for fried cauliflower rice). Add shrimp and saute until shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Season shrimp with some salt as it cooks. Set shrimp aside and return wok to heat.
- To heated wok, add second portion of oil (for fried cauliflower rice) and then white parts of green onions and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Push carrots to one side of the skillet and pour eggs into the other side. Scramble eggs on one side of the pan until cooked through.
- Add cauliflower rice, sauce, shrimp, cashews, and green parts of green onions. Toss everything together until warmed through.
- Serve cauliflower fried rice with cabbage and lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Yummy!!!!!!! The stir fried cabbage was excellent!!!0 Helpful
This was a great one to make from the freezer! Had frozen shrimp on hand and just used frozen mixed veggies. Threw in some mushrooms and mung beans because we had them. Came together quickly and very cost effective! Skipped the cabbage, had some dumplings (also from the freezer) on the side.0 Helpful
We loved this! I doubled the sauce and added some leftover shredded chicken. We mostly mixed the cabbage and rice together on our plates. The cabbage (used slaw mix) was awesome! I'll definitely remember to make it as a side dish again with other meals.0 Helpful
We didn't have bacon but the recipe was still delicious!! We doubled the rice and sauce and threw in a whole bag of frozen peas and carrots and it was great. The ginger cabbage was really nice eaten with the rice.0 Helpful
This stir fry was so yummy. It felt fresh and healthy. My kids even ate it which is huge!0 Helpful
Bacon in stir fry!?! yes please.0 Helpful