Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Herb Pan Sauce
and roasted Brussels sprouts / sweet potatoes
While the pork tenderloin and vegetables roast, make a quick pan sauce to serve over everything. This makes a hearty meal on its own, but it's also an easy one to customize with different vegetables or by adding a salad or grain.
Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables:
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb , trimmed and halved
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb , halved lengthwise and then cut into ½” slices
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Pork tenderloin - 1 1/2 lbs , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
Herb Pan Sauce:
- Green onions - 4 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Brussels sprouts / Sweet potatoes - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make herb seasoning - Combine thyme, oregano, coriander, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, keeping white and green parts separate. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pork tenderloin - Tenderize with a fork. Rub on all sides with herb seasoning. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with first part of oil and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Transfer sheet pan to oven and roast vegetables for 10 minutes.
- While vegetables get started roasting, heat a large skillet with second part of oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and sear on all sides until deep golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and give them a stir. Place pork tenderloin in the center, nestling it between the vegetables. Return sheet pan to the oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender and pork registers 145F / 63C, 13 to 16 minutes.
- While pork and vegetables roast, return skillet you used to cook the pork to the stovetop. Reduce heat to medium. Add white parts of green onions and butter to heated skillet. Saute for 2 minutes. Whisk in flour.
- Slowly pour stock into skillet while whisking, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and whisk in lemon juice, mustard, and green parts of green onions. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- When pork and vegetables are finished, transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Slice pork and serve with vegetables. Spoon pan sauce over everything. Enjoy!