Asian Fish Salad
with cashews / bell peppers / avocados
A flavorful vinaigrette builds flavor in the baked fish that tops this colorful salad. Bell peppers, carrots, avocados, and cashews add layers of texture.
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds, any color (opt) - 1 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Carrots - 12 oz, sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Asian Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Whisk together aminos, vinegar, and mustard. Add toasted sesame oil and then cooking oil while whisking. Stir in sesame seeds. Add some hot sauce if you’d like (not on ingredients list). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Carrots - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining white and green parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour first portion of vinaigrette over the fish and top with green and white parts of green onions.
- Bake until fish is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While fish cooks, toss greens with bell peppers, carrots, cashews, and avocados. Top with second portion of vinaigrette.
- Use a fork to break fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve fish on top of salad with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Doubled the panko mixture after reading other reviews. Was glad I did. These turned out fantastic. Going on the favorites.1 Helpful
A great fish recipe, works well with salmon in addition to white fish... comes together easily. On our favorites list!0 Helpful
Loved it. The breading stayed on well and the fish cooked up nicely. Forgot the sesame oil which would have taken this over the top. The slaw was awesome! I'd eat the fish on top of the slaw without the tortillas. Yum!0 Helpful
Delicious! My youngest son likes it. He is pretty picky. Definitely, will make it again.0 Helpful
This meal is SO good. My whole family loves it. My four- and two- year old boys ate more than one serving each! Quick to put together and delicious.0 Helpful
Great!! Cheated and used Whole Foods fish sticks instead of making the fish. Super fast and easy and is delicious.0 Helpful
Great! Made the fish in the airfryer0 Helpful