Asian Fish Saladwith cashews / bell peppers / avocados
A flavorful vinaigrette builds flavor in the baked fish that tops this colorful salad. Bell peppers, carrots, avocados, and cashews add layers of texture.
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds, any color (opt) - 1 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Carrots - 12 oz, sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Asian Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Whisk together aminos, vinegar, and mustard. Add toasted sesame oil and then cooking oil while whisking. Stir in sesame seeds. Add some hot sauce if you’d like (not on ingredients list). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Carrots - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining white and green parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour first portion of vinaigrette over the fish and top with green and white parts of green onions.
- Bake until fish is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While fish cooks, toss greens with bell peppers, carrots, cashews, and avocados. Top with second portion of vinaigrette.
- Use a fork to break fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve fish on top of salad with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 82 reviews
Thought this was delicious.
I thought it was delicious and one child also did who has taste buds like mine. Everyone else didn’t really care for it (aren’t fish people, don’t like mayo, etc). But if you like fish and Asian-inspired flavors, this was fantastic.
This one is always a favorite! And I marinated the coleslaw a bit longer and it was so good!
Doubled the panko mixture after reading other reviews. Was glad I did. These turned out fantastic. Going on the favorites.
Solid, kids loved tacos. Served with roasted cauliflower because oven was on and kids are meh about cabbage slaw.
1.5 pounds was way too much fish. I had to double the breading mix to get everything evenly covered. Then the coleslaw and sauce had to be doubled as well to make enough for all that fish.