Asian Fish Salad
with cashews / bell peppers / avocados
A flavorful vinaigrette builds flavor in the baked fish that tops this colorful salad. Bell peppers, carrots, avocados, and cashews add layers of texture.
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds, any color (opt) - 1 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Carrots - 12 oz, sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Asian Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Whisk together aminos, vinegar, and mustard. Add toasted sesame oil and then cooking oil while whisking. Stir in sesame seeds. Add some hot sauce if you’d like (not on ingredients list). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Carrots - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining white and green parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour first portion of vinaigrette over the fish and top with green and white parts of green onions.
- Bake until fish is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While fish cooks, toss greens with bell peppers, carrots, cashews, and avocados. Top with second portion of vinaigrette.
- Use a fork to break fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve fish on top of salad with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Great! Made the fish in the airfryer0 Helpful
This coleslaw is amazing. It’s my go to coleslaw now0 Helpful
This has been on my meal plan for the last few months and for some reason or another it got bumped. This is great. I will definitely make it again.0 Helpful
Simple and yummy. I would increase the tofu marinade to up the flavor in the tofu: maybe 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 of sesame oil, 1 of honey. The baked tofu was perfectly crisp and still moist. Loved the slaw and avocado was the perfect compliment.0 Helpful
Family favorite and so easy!0 Helpful
Very popular salad, everyone loved it! I made 1 & 1/2 portions for the vinaigrette so there was plenty of flavor to go around, and subbed pecans for the cashews. We had it cold for lunch the next day and my husband commented that it still tasted wonderful, it was a big hit!0 Helpful