Asian Fish Salad
with cashews / bell peppers / avocados
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds, any color (opt) - 1 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Carrots - 12 oz, sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs (sub any white fish)
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Asian Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 6 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Whisk together aminos, vinegar, and mustard. Add toasted sesame oil and then cooking oil while whisking. Stir in sesame seeds. Add some hot sauce if you’d like (not on ingredients list). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Carrots - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining white and green parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour first portion of vinaigrette over the fish and top with green and white parts of green onions.
- Bake until fish is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While fish cooks, toss greens with bell peppers, carrots, cashews, and avocados. Top with second portion of vinaigrette.
- Use a fork to break fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve fish on top of salad with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Doubled the panko mixture after reading other reviews. Was glad I did. These turned out fantastic. Going on the favorites.1 Helpful
Loved it. Great flavor combinations. Would have halved the coleslaw and doubled the sriracha mayo.0 Helpful
Vegetarian verision isn’t great.0 Helpful
I used broccoli slaw mix instead of cole slaw mix. All in all, we liked it, but I found the flavor surprisingly mild. I'd probably jazz them up even more somehow if I repeated it.0 Helpful
Quick and easy and tasty. Used rockfish because I had it, added avocado because I had it and added a bit more sriracha to give it more kick. Had cauliflower on the side (leftovers from the lentil tacos made earlier this week)0 Helpful
So delish! And tastes so fresh!0 Helpful
A great fish recipe, works well with salmon in addition to white fish... comes together easily. On our favorites list!0 Helpful