Asian Fish Tacos
with Asian slaw / Sriracha mayo
It's hard to choose a favorite element of these unique tacos - the crunchy baked fish, the tangy slaw, or the creamy spicy Sriracha mayo. This version was last featured in a meal plan in 2015.
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Sriracha - 1/2 tsp, more or less to taste
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped into bite-sized pieces (sub any white fish)
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Eggs - 1, whisked
- Panko breadcrumbs - 2/3 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 3/4 tsp
- White pepper - 1/2 tsp (sub black pepper)
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- White sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
- Make Sriracha mayo - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop garlic. Combine with mayonnaise, lime juice, and Sriracha. Taste and adjust with more lime juice or Sriracha if you prefer. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining white and green parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make coleslaw - Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cooking oil. Add coleslaw mix, green onions, and sesame seeds. Toss to combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Slice into bite-sized pieces. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges.
- Prep breading stations - Whisk egg in a bowl large enough to hold all of the fish. Combine panko, salt, garlic powder, white pepper, and toasted sesame oil in a Ziploc bag or baking dish large enough to hold all of the fish.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil.
- Coat fish with whisked egg and then breading. (Press the breading into the fish to help it stick.) Spread fish out in a single layer on sheet pan. (If you want the final product to be golden brown, drizzle or brush some cooking oil over top of the fish.)
- Transfer fish to oven and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Toss coleslaw and season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos with coleslaw, fish, and Sriracha mayo. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
Loved it. The breading stayed on well and the fish cooked up nicely. Forgot the sesame oil which would have taken this over the top. The slaw was awesome! I'd eat the fish on top of the slaw without the tortillas. Yum!0 Helpful
Delicious! My youngest son likes it. He is pretty picky. Definitely, will make it again.0 Helpful
This meal is SO good. My whole family loves it. My four- and two- year old boys ate more than one serving each! Quick to put together and delicious.0 Helpful
Great!! Cheated and used Whole Foods fish sticks instead of making the fish. Super fast and easy and is delicious.0 Helpful
Great! Made the fish in the airfryer0 Helpful
This coleslaw is amazing. It’s my go to coleslaw now0 Helpful