Maple-Pecan Crusted Chicken
with roasted green beans and sweet potatoes
A sweet and savory marinade and topping of pecans give this baked chicken a paleo-friendly crust. Serve the chicken with roasted vegetables tossed in a light vinaigrette.
- Garlic - 4 cloves, crushed
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Pecan halves - 3/4 cup
- Foil - for lining pan
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, cubed
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Marinate chicken - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Crush garlic and combine with honey, aminos, and cooking oil. Pour over chicken breasts and tenderize with a fork to help marinade seep in. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Green beans - Prep as directed. (You can peel the potatoes or leave the peels on.) Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar and mustard. Add first portion of olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pecans - Place into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss green beans and sweet potatoes with second portion of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Transfer to oven and roast, stirring halfway through cooking, until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Line a second sheet pan with foil. Brush lightly with some oil. Spread chicken breasts out on pan.
- Melt butter and combine with crushed pecans and maple syrup. Spread pecan mixture over chicken breasts. Bake chicken for 12 to 14 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of 160F / 71C). Sweet potatoes should be done about the same time.
- When green beans and sweet potatoes are done, toss with vinaigrette. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with green beans and sweet potatoes on the side. Enjoy!
Just okay. The green beans were a hit and will stay in my rotation.0 Helpful
I've never understood the hype around chicken and waffles but this was delicious!0 Helpful
Very good, roasted green beans were especially good. Went light on the mustard since my wife doesn't like it; could have left it out. Was asked to make extra batch of waffles!0 Helpful
I have always thought chicken with waffles sounded blah. But this was pretty amazing!0 Helpful
The whole family enjoyed!0 Helpful
Great! Used chicken tenderloins and did the prep ahead of time, so this came together pretty quickly.0 Helpful