Mushroom and Bell Pepper Frittata
This brunch-friendly frittata can be served at any time of day. If you're celebrating Christmas, it makes a great meal for a busy, celebratory morning, but it makes a satisfying dinner as well.
Smarts: The other diet variations of this meal include a recipe for a Bloody Mary Cocktail (or alcohol-free mocktail). We didn’t include the cocktail in this paleo version of the recipe, but if it fits with your diet preference, check out the original version of this meal for a recipe.
- Bell peppers, red - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven heats, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet with oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are golden brown and very tender, ~8 minutes.
- To mushrooms, add onions and bell peppers and continue cooking until onions are soft, 3 to 4 minutes more. Season with some salt.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to combine everything.
- Transfer frittata to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- When frittata is nearly finished, heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and fry on both sides until crisp, ~8 minutes total. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Slice frittata into wedges. Serve with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
Egg bake was great. We're just not tomato juice people, so the Bloody Mary just wasn't our jam.0 Helpful
It was pretty good. I used vegan cheese and plant-based milk.0 Helpful
A lighter meal but still very good. I sometimes find egg based meals can be bland, but this one had good flavor0 Helpful
I'm pretty sure this was user error, but we did not like this at all.0 Helpful
Excellent casserole and just as good reheated. Will make this again. Update - the second time I made it I used too much bread and it was dry and chewy - so be sure you get the ratios correct.0 Helpful
Love how easy this is and I made a lot for left overs.0 Helpful