Hawaiian BBQ Naan Pizza with Kidney Beans
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz, shredded or thinly sliced if using fresh
- Onions, medium red - 1/4, very thinly sliced
- Jalapenos - 1, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 1 cup, diced
- Beans, kidney (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Naan or pita bread - 4 rounds
- Hawaiian BBQ sauce (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Spread naan out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Transfer sheet pan to the oven and toast naan for 3 minutes on each side (this helps to crisp it up and prevent the naan from getting soggy when you add toppings).
- Remove naan from oven and top each one with pizza sauce, cheese, beans, onions, pineapple, and jalapeno slices.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking until cheese is bubbly and naan is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While pizzas finish cooking, in a large bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt. Add lettuce and cucumbers on top and toss everything to combine.
- Top pizzas with cilantro. Slice and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Amazing. Kids asked for seconds! Skipped hot peppers and red onions, subbed carmelized onions (that we just happened to have on hand) as a shortcut: used the Guinness bullseye BBQ sauce instead of making pizza sauce, with generous portions of carnitas, onions, pineapple tidbits, and mozzarella. Will pair this with the slow cooker carnitas every time.0 Helpful
I loved this and it came together so quickly- great for a weeknight!0 Helpful
Very good, but wouldn't go out of my way to make this. I prefer a traditional bbq chicken pizza to this one!0 Helpful
We love the flavor combination of this meal. I did not put jalepenos on my kids' pizzas. I did drizzle BBQ sauce on the top when the pizza was finished.0 Helpful
Loved! Quick and easy.0 Helpful
So easy and delicious. Will absolutely make again0 Helpful