Leftover Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
with pineapple smoothie
- Jalapenos - 1, chopped or thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 12 leaves
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 cup
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 2 cups, diced
- Bananas - 1
- Coconut milk, full fat - 3/4 cup
- Ice - 1 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Jalapenos - Chop or thinly slice jalapenos. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cilantro / Pineapple - Prep as directed.
- Make smoothie - Combine pineapple, bananas, coconut milk, ice, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add some additional water, if needed, to reach a smooth, pourable consistency.
- If you want to enjoy pulled pork warm, heat it with a splash of water in a saucepan or warm up in the microwave.
- Assemble lettuce cups by filling each Romaine leaf with pork and then topping them with cilantro, jalapenos, cashews, and some hot sauce. Or just set everything out for everyone to assemble their own. Serve with smoothie on the side.
Amazing. Kids asked for seconds! Skipped hot peppers and red onions, subbed carmelized onions (that we just happened to have on hand) as a shortcut: used the Guinness bullseye BBQ sauce instead of making pizza sauce, with generous portions of carnitas, onions, pineapple tidbits, and mozzarella. Will pair this with the slow cooker carnitas every time.0 Helpful
I loved this and it came together so quickly- great for a weeknight!0 Helpful
Very good, but wouldn't go out of my way to make this. I prefer a traditional bbq chicken pizza to this one!0 Helpful
We love the flavor combination of this meal. I did not put jalepenos on my kids' pizzas. I did drizzle BBQ sauce on the top when the pizza was finished.0 Helpful
Loved! Quick and easy.0 Helpful
So easy and delicious. Will absolutely make again0 Helpful