BBQ Naan Pizza with Leftover Pulled Pork and Pineapple
with romaine salad
BBQ Naan Pizza with Leftover Pulled Pork:
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz , shredded or thinly sliced if using fresh
- Onions, medium red - 1/4 , very thinly sliced
- Jalapenos - 1 , thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 1 cup , diced
- Naan or pita bread - 4 rounds
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 cup
BBQ Pizza Sauce:
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- BBQ sauce - 1/3 cup (use your favorite)
Romaine Salad with Cucumbers:
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Make pizza sauce - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Heat cooking oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add tomato paste and oregano and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and BBQ sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes to let sauce thicken slightly and flavors come together. Season with some salt and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cheese / Onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro / Pineapple - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Spread naan out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Transfer sheet pan to the oven and toast naan for 3 minutes on each side (this helps to crisp it up and prevent the naan from getting soggy when you add toppings).
- Remove naan from oven and top each one with pizza sauce, pulled pork, cheese, onions, pineapple, and jalapeno slices.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking until cheese is bubbly and naan is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While pizzas finish cooking, in a large bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt. Add lettuce and cucumbers on top and toss everything to combine.
- Top pizzas with cilantro. Slice and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!