BBQ Naan Pizza with Leftover Pulled Pork and Pineapple
with romaine salad
With leftover pulled pork from Tuesday and naan as the base, these BBQ pizzas are super fast and weeknight-friendly. Make the side salad while the pizzas cook.
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz, shredded or thinly sliced if using fresh
- Onions, medium red - 1/4, very thinly sliced
- Jalapenos - 1, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 1 cup, diced
- Naan or pita bread - 4 rounds
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- BBQ sauce - 1/3 cup (use your favorite)
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Make pizza sauce - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Heat cooking oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add tomato paste and oregano and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and BBQ sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes to let sauce thicken slightly and flavors come together. Season with some salt and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cheese / Onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro / Pineapple - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Spread naan out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Transfer sheet pan to the oven and toast naan for 3 minutes on each side (this helps to crisp it up and prevent the naan from getting soggy when you add toppings).
- Remove naan from oven and top each one with pizza sauce, pulled pork, cheese, onions, pineapple, and jalapeno slices.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking until cheese is bubbly and naan is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While pizzas finish cooking, in a large bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt. Add lettuce and cucumbers on top and toss everything to combine.
- Top pizzas with cilantro. Slice and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
I loved this and it came together so quickly- great for a weeknight!0 Helpful
Very good, but wouldn't go out of my way to make this. I prefer a traditional bbq chicken pizza to this one!0 Helpful
We love the flavor combination of this meal. I did not put jalepenos on my kids' pizzas. I did drizzle BBQ sauce on the top when the pizza was finished.0 Helpful
Loved! Quick and easy.0 Helpful
So easy and delicious. Will absolutely make again0 Helpful