Taco Salad with Ground Beef
with paprika dressing
We have featured several versions of taco salads in the past, and many of our community members say they turn to them when they need a quick, customizable meal. This one is classic with seasoned ground beef, avocados, and a creamy paprika dressing. Toss all of the salad components together or just set everything out and customize the salads as you go.
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, red wine - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 5 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Beef, ground and lean - 1 lb
- Lettuce, any crisp variety like iceberg or Boston leaf - 8 oz , shredded
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4 , chopped
- Avocados - 1 , diced
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
Make dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, mustard, honey, paprika (portion for dressing), and cooking oil (portion for dressing). Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, paprika (portion for salad), garlic powder, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Stir spice mix into ground beef. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Olives - Drain and rinse.
Heat a skillet with oil (portion for taco salad) over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and saute until beef is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and olives. Top with meat and pepitas.
Dress salads with paprika dressing. Enjoy!