Taco Salad with Ground Beef
with creamy paprika dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red wine - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Beef, ground and lean - 1 lb
- Lettuce, any crisp variety like iceberg or Boston leaf - 8 oz, shredded
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4, chopped
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Make dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, mustard, sour cream, paprika (portion for dressing), and cooking oil (portion for dressing). Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, paprika (portion for salad), garlic powder, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Stir spice mix into ground beef. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Olives - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet with oil (portion for taco salad) over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and saute until beef is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and olives. Top with meat and cheese.
- Dress salads with creamy paprika dressing. Serve with tortilla chips (you can crumble these over the top or use them to scoop up the other ingredients). Enjoy!
Eh! Not my favorite recipe.0 Helpful
Live the dressing but thinking the salad needs a bit of something more0 Helpful
Love this version! Great dressing. Omitted olives.0 Helpful
Subbed Catalina dressing because the reviews were so polarized.0 Helpful
This was delicious and so easy. The dressing is a keeper!0 Helpful
The dressing was inedible for us- too much vinegar!0 Helpful