Ham and Leek Frittata
with pear and spinach salad
Ham and Leek Frittata:
- Leeks - 2 , chopped
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 oz , chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
Pear and Spinach Salad:
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Pears - 1 , diced
- Baby spinach - 6 oz (sub any salad greens)
- Sunflower seeds - 2 Tbsp (sub pepitas or chopped pecans)
- Leeks / Ham - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Add oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pears - Dice Pears.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add ham and saute just to warm through, ~1 minute.
- Pour eggs into skillet and stir to combine ingredients.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and bake until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss together pears, spinach, and sunflower seeds. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!