Ham and Leek Frittata
with pear and spinach salad
- Leeks - 2, chopped
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Pears - 1, diced
- Baby spinach - 6 oz (sub any salad greens)
- Sunflower seeds - 2 Tbsp (sub pepitas or chopped pecans)
- Leeks / Ham - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Add oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pears - Dice Pears.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add ham and saute just to warm through, ~1 minute.
- Pour eggs into skillet and stir to combine ingredients.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and bake until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss together pears, spinach, and sunflower seeds. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Making it for the second time. Left over Christmas Ham the first time and now with left over Easter ham.... I see a theme emerging :)0 Helpful
We really liked this, but we also added hollandaise sauce. Salad was a great pairing.0 Helpful
Definitely struggled with the poached eggs this time - I think the pan was too shallow- so I switched to over easy. So simple and delicious, perfect for a Sunday night breakfast for dinner.0 Helpful
Amazing!! My husband was super sceptical, and then gave me a high 5 at the end because it was so good. I used arugula because Cooksmarts has given me an arugula addiction.0 Helpful
I've never poached eggs, but it was so easy! The salad was a surprise too. The sweetness of the pears really complimented the saltiness of the eggs and bacon. Will make this again0 Helpful
We loved it. Super quick, easy and flavorful. Our Trader Joe’s must have had big leeks, though, because one was for sure enough. But we will be making this again, especially for a weekend breakfast or brunch.0 Helpful