Thai Chicken Peanut Noodleswith red peppers / coleslaw mix
Sweet, savory, and spicy (if you'd like), Thai Peanut Sauce makes an addictive addition to this quick and easy meal. Coleslaw mix mimics the shape and texture of noodles, so you don't need a large portion of pasta to make the dish substantial and hearty. A version of this dish was last featured in 2018.
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp, grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1, thinly sliced
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Cucumbers - 6 oz, sliced (look for mini cucumbers which have fewer seeds)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Make peanut sauce - Grate ginger. Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice (portion for sauce), Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Peppers - Slice peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until golden on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, lime juice (portion for noodles), and cilantro and toss everything together. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy warm with cucumber slices on the side!
This meal has 43 reviews
Just right level of heat! GF linguine worked well.
This was delicious! Kids loved it too. Would cut back on the spiciness though.
This is really good and easy to make, but next time I think I'll skip the pasta. There was way too much of it.
Needs more sauce and pretty spicy (adults loved but a no go for the kids). My husband loved this dish and raves about it and wants it again with added chopped nuts on top and I’d double the sauce. Maybe linguine would soak up less than spaghetti. Also he said to cute then chicken in cubes next time instead of strips. And maybe add more chopped bell peppers.
Loved this! I used broccoli cole slaw, didn't make the cucumber side dish and next time I would make more of the sauce.
Relatively easy to get together. I love all the salads, so another thumbs up!