with chickpeas / cauliflower / naan
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Curry powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp, grated
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, diced (28 oz / 794 g) - 1 can
- Cauliflower, frozen - 1 lb
- Eggs - 4
- Naan - 4 rounds (sub any flatbread)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Make spice mix - Combine coriander, cumin, curry powder, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne. (Can be done ahead at any time)
- (Optional step) Toast spices: Heat a frying pan over medium heat and warm up / toast spices until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Ginger / Garlic / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat up a saute pan that you have a lid for over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil to pan; once oil is heated, add ginger, garlic, and onions. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cauliflower, and beans with spice mix and some salt. Mix everything together and saute for ~5 minutes. Taste and season with more salt or additional spices.
- Crack eggs directly into tomatoes. Lower heat to medium, cover, and cook for ~5 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking.
- Toast naan.
- Divide filling and eggs between serving bowls. Top with a dollop of yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy with naan.
Very good. I was able to use tomatoes from the garden.0 Helpful
Not great. The chicken was a bit tasteless even with marinating and I thought the sauce for it was not great. The salsa was what it was. I wasn't expecting a ton from it and it was fine. I had decided to make some Bombay potatoes using curry powder so ended up making a different cauliflower recipe (garlic powder, turmeric & garam masala). The cauliflower and potatoes were fantastic which made the chicken seem especially lackluster.0 Helpful
Good, solid meal. The leftovers were great. Substituted Gardein tenders to make vegetarian.0 Helpful
It was fine... not particularly memorable, but good enough. First time cooking chicken under a broiler for me.0 Helpful
This was so delicious all of my family members gobbled it up. My spouse who is not an experienced cook had a pretty easy time preparing this for us.0 Helpful
A bit bland, somehow not like restaurant tandoori. Salsa was good. The tomato sauce turned out too thin for me (maybe less water would work better).0 Helpful