Sriracha Honey Shrimp
with broccoli / cauliflower rice
We're giving this classic Cook Smarts meal (a favorite back in 2016) a fresh look. The photos and instructions may have been updated, but this dish still features the same creamy, spicy, unique sauce that had our community raving when it was first introduced.
Sriracha Honey Shrimp with Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice:
- Cauliflower florets - 1 lb
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb , chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise, paleo-friendly - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - 2 Tbsp (or other hot sauce)
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 4 oz
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry.
- Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Combine garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop leaves.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then broccoli to heated oil. Saute broccoli until it turns bright green. Add aminos and then cover with a lid. Steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and add garlic to broccoli. Saute together for 2 minutes more.
- Set broccoli aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and toss shrimp with sauce, walnuts, and cilantro.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve shrimp over broccoli and cauliflower rice. Enjoy!