Sriracha Honey Shrimp
with broccoli / quinoa
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - 2 Tbsp (or other hot sauce)
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 4 oz
- Quinoa - (Skip if quinoa was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry.
- Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Combine garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop leaves.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then broccoli to heated oil. Saute broccoli until it turns bright green. Add soy sauce and then cover with a lid. Steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and add garlic to broccoli. Saute together for 2 minutes more.
- Set broccoli aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and toss shrimp with sauce, walnuts, and cilantro.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve shrimp over broccoli and quinoa. Enjoy!
Husband, "Phenomenal. Make it again." Really great flavors. We like spicy. Made with rice and a different veggie: zucchini because that's what I had on hand.0 Helpful
Wow this was really good0 Helpful
followed recipe as is except used greek yogurt instead of mayo (which worked well). overall thought the dish was ok. wouldn't necessarily make it again.0 Helpful
Yummy but I only used half of the sriacha. Also I recommend cutting the broccoli up fairly small.0 Helpful
We've eaten the earlier version of this dish. This was again delicious but even with cutting the amount of sriracha in half it was hot. Maybe the new bottle of sriracha? I see there's a label that says shake well...0 Helpful
It was a great easy meal, but even half the amount of sriracha was a little too spicy for us. I’d use even less next time.0 Helpful