Sriracha Honey Shrimp
with broccoli / quinoa
We're giving this classic Cook Smarts meal (a favorite back in 2016) a fresh look. The photos and instructions may have been updated, but this dish still features the same creamy, spicy, unique sauce that had our community raving when it was first introduced.
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
Sriracha Honey Shrimp with Broccoli:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb , chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - 2 Tbsp (or other hot sauce)
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 4 oz
- Quinoa - (Skip if quinoa was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry.
- Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Combine garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop leaves.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then broccoli to heated oil. Saute broccoli until it turns bright green. Add soy sauce and then cover with a lid. Steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and add garlic to broccoli. Saute together for 2 minutes more.
- Set broccoli aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and toss shrimp with sauce, walnuts, and cilantro.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve shrimp over broccoli and quinoa. Enjoy!