Sriracha Honey Shrimpwith broccoli / quinoa
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - 2 Tbsp (or other hot sauce)
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 4 oz
- Quinoa - (Skip if quinoa was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry.
- Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Combine garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop leaves.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then broccoli to heated oil. Saute broccoli until it turns bright green. Add soy sauce and then cover with a lid. Steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and add garlic to broccoli. Saute together for 2 minutes more.
- Set broccoli aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and toss shrimp with sauce, walnuts, and cilantro.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve shrimp over broccoli and quinoa. Enjoy!
This meal has 38 reviews
It was a great easy meal, but even half the amount of sriracha was a little too spicy for us. I’d use even less next time.
Loved this so much. Subbed bulghur for quinoa. Looking forward to the next time I make it!
My family thought it was too spicy, but I thought it was awesome.
I used rice instead of quinoa and we all loved it.
I loved this. I used green beans instead of broccoli and it still worked really well. The shrimp was amazing.
Wow. I am not generally a shrimp person, or a spicy food person, but this was absolutely incredible. We made this with quinoa as directed, but my husband thinks rice would work better. I thought the quinoa was fine, but I'm eager to try with rice too. Easy enough to prepare. Will definitely be making this one again!