Sheet Pan Broccoli and Bell Pepper Fajitas
with guacamole / spinach salad
Broccoli, peppers, and onions are tossed in a flavorful spice blend and roasted for this unique vegetarian twist on classic fajitas. With sour cream and guacamole to finish off the fajitas, these are guaranteed to be hearty and satisfying.
- Broccoli - 1 lb, florets
- Onions, medium red - 1, sliced
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, sliced
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Green onions - 2, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1, diced
- Avocados - 2, mashed
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Broccoli / Onions / Bell peppers / Shallots / Jalapenos - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Combine broccoli, onions, and bell peppers in one container. Combine shallots and jalapenos in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine paprika, coriander, cumin (portion for fajitas), salt, chili powder, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, lime juice (portion for salad), mustard, honey, and cumin (portion for salad). Add oil (portion for salad) while whisking. Season vinaigrette with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Tomatoes - Halve tomatoes.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli, onions, and bell peppers in oil (portion for fajitas) and then in spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While vegetable are roasting, make guacamole. Mash avocados with shallots, jalapenos, and lime juice (portion for guacamole). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomatoes, spinach, and pepitas. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- When vegetables are done cooking, squeeze half the lime wedges over top.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli, peppers, onions, guacamole, sour cream, and green onions. Enjoy fajitas with salad and extra lime wedges on the side.
The chicken and salad dressing are amazing! I just BBQ'd the chicken0 Helpful
Fast to make but didn't really work for us. We have a similar recipe but pan fried and like that better.0 Helpful
I doubled the spices and the dressing. We’re saucy people.0 Helpful
Loved making them in the oven. So easy! Doubled the spice mix. Took a bit longer to broil, but my pan was pretty full. Salad was good too.0 Helpful
We would definitely make this again. Great taste, healthy, and very easy to make.0 Helpful
Quick, easy and satisfying. Kids loved it.0 Helpful