[Leftover] Indian Chicken Saute with Cauliflower
and okra 'fries'
Indian Chicken Saute:
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs , thinly sliced
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower (leftover from Monday) - ~4 cups
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Roasted Okra ‘Fries’:
- Okra - 1 lb , trimmed and halved (sub green beans)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Curried Mayonnaise (ingredients listed separately) - 4 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise, paleo-friendly - 1/4 cup
- Curry powder, mild - 3/4 tsp
- Shallots - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Dice shallots. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Curried mayonnaise - Whisk together mayonnaise and curry powder. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Thinly slice chicken. Toss with garam masala and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Okra - Slice stems off okra and halve lengthwise.
- Heat oven to 450F / 232C.
- Toss okra with oil and spread onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt. Roast for 20 minutes, shaking once midway through.
- While okra roasts, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and then shallots and chicken to melted butter. Saute until chicken is nearly cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To chicken, add cauliflower and saute until heated through. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over top. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken saute with okra and curried mayonnaise on the side. Enjoy!