Deli Cobb Saladwith creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb, chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Cube avocados. Peel and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
This meal has 8 reviews
Made this for guests and it really impressed even the picky eaters!
This salad is always a hit
Very tasty combination of flavors!
Dressing was too garlicky for my taste. Should have trusted my instincts and started with half a clove of garlic. But otherwise the salad was good.
easy and tasty - loved it.
Love this classic easy to pull together meal!