with broccoli in French vinaigrette
Smarts: For an added dimension, use flavored hummus here instead of plain.
- Tomatoes, large - 1, sliced
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Foil - for baking
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices (a thick-sliced loaf is preferred; sub naan or pita)
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, shredded white cheddar - 4 oz (sub Swiss)
- Broccoli - 1 head, chopped
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine or sherry - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Turn on the oven's broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Arrange bread on sheet pan. Spread each slice with hummus. Then top with tomato slices, avocado slices, and cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly and golden, 4 to 8 minutes.
- While hummus melts broil, place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Chop shallots and mix with mustard, vinegar, and some salt and pepper. Whisk in oil. Toss broccoli with vinaigrette.
- Serve hummus melts with broccoli on the side. Enjoy!
Loved this0 Helpful
This has become a regular for dinner at our house. Everyone loves the chicken, we mix up the sides depending on what we have on hand.0 Helpful
We enjoyed this. Cooked it in the air fryer on 400 for 20 minutes.0 Helpful
We really liked this when it was fresh, but the leftovers were quite dry.0 Helpful
Subbed bell pepper, broiled the peppers and broccoli for a bit more crunch before assembly. Added some feta crumbles since we had it in the house. Overall, delicious and very easy.0 Helpful
Great taste but I agree, could have used a sauce.0 Helpful