Salmon with Cilantro Garlic Sauce
and basmati rice / tomatoes / zucchini
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1/3 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any color - 1 Tbsp (sub soy sauce)
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/3 cup (sub water)
- Water - 3 1/2 cups
- Rice, basmati - 2 cups
- Tomatoes, Roma - 1 lb, halved (sub cherry or grape tomatoes)
- Zucchini - 1 lb, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cook rice - (This makes enough for 2 nights; If prepping right before cooking, get vegetables roasting while rice cooks.) Fill a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then add rice. Bring to a simmer, cover, turn heat down to low, and cook until rice has absorbed all the liquid, 15 to 18 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make cilantro garlic sauce - Roughly chop cilantro and garlic. Combine with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and miso paste. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Zucchini - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Salmon - Pat dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Toss tomatoes and zucchini with cooking oil (portion for roasted vegetables) and some salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until zucchini is tender and tomatoes are very soft, ~25 minutes.
- When vegetables are almost finished, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil (portion for salmon) and then salmon to heated oil. Sear for 2 minutes. Flip over and sear for an additional 2 minutes. Pour in just enough stock to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cover pan with a lid. Continue cooking until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Wednesday).
- Serve salmon over rice with roasted vegetables on the side. Drizzle cilantro garlic sauce over everything. Enjoy!
Excellent especially the sauce. Whole family enjoyed this.0 Helpful
Delicious! So easy and fast.0 Helpful
This was so good! Subs: used a shallot instead of garlic in the sauce (I think it gave it a slightly milder flavor) and quinoa instead of rice. I also added an onion to the roasted veggies (used grape tomatoes instead of Roma). It was a light but filling meal. Definitely will make again!0 Helpful
Salmon was great, veggies terrific! Nobody in the house was a fan of the sauce. So many of you loved the sauce, I'll need to try it again.0 Helpful
Fantastic! I tasted the sauce initially and probably added too much lemon juice so I added a tablespoon of honey to balance it out and it was great. Love this way of cooking salmon!0 Helpful
Very good! It is a relatively easy meal for such a wonderful outcome. I found a new way to cook salmon!0 Helpful