Salmon with Cilantro Garlic Sauceand basmati rice / tomatoes / zucchini
A fresh and flavorful cilantro garlic sauce is the real inspiration for this dish. The sauce was previously featured over steak in 2018.
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1/3 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any color - 1 Tbsp (sub soy sauce)
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/3 cup (sub water)
- Water - 3 1/2 cups
- Rice, basmati - 2 cups
- Tomatoes, Roma - 1 lb, halved (sub cherry or grape tomatoes)
- Zucchini - 1 lb, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cook rice - (This makes enough for 2 nights; If prepping right before cooking, get vegetables roasting while rice cooks.) Fill a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then add rice. Bring to a simmer, cover, turn heat down to low, and cook until rice has absorbed all the liquid, 15 to 18 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make cilantro garlic sauce - Roughly chop cilantro and garlic. Combine with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and miso paste. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Zucchini - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Salmon - Pat dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Toss tomatoes and zucchini with cooking oil (portion for roasted vegetables) and some salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until zucchini is tender and tomatoes are very soft, ~25 minutes.
- When vegetables are almost finished, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil (portion for salmon) and then salmon to heated oil. Sear for 2 minutes. Flip over and sear for an additional 2 minutes. Pour in just enough stock to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cover pan with a lid. Continue cooking until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Wednesday).
- Serve salmon over rice with roasted vegetables on the side. Drizzle cilantro garlic sauce over everything. Enjoy!
This meal has 43 reviews
I meal-prepped this all on a Sunday for the entire week. I've never made anything with tahini before, but I did enjoy the sauce. I often would just reheat the sauce over rice to eat by themselves! Next time I make this I will try it with the miso instead - I'm so curious! I enjoyed the roasted zucchini, and the cucumber/tomato salad was ridiculously easy and kept well throughout the week. The method for cooking the salmon was FLAWLESS. Such a great idea to simmer it in broth!
Really good, although trying to get all the moisture out of the zucchini was a hassle. I actually ran out of flour and had to add a little panko to the batter to dry it out a bit but I think it worked well.
Love the sauce. Simple recipe with lots of flavor.
The roasted veg was AMAZING! And I'm definitely making this cilantro sauce again. Great!
This meal was okay. I thought I would like the sauce more than I did.