Sesame Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
with broccoli / cashews
This sweet and savory stir-fry, with a little spice from fresh ginger, is packed with far more flavor than any take-out version. Cook the coleslaw mix so that it is tender but still has a tiny bit of crunch to resemble the noodles in the original version of this meal.
Sesame Ginger Sauce:
- Ginger, fresh - 1 Tbsp , grated
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
Sesame Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry:
- Broccoli - 10 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs , cubed
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup , leaves torn
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz (look for a mix that includes grated carrots)
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/3 cup
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 2 tsp
- Make sauce - Grate ginger. Combine ginger, aminos, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, honey, and red pepper flakes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Bell peppers / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Cube chicken. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok with first part of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Set chicken aside and return wok to heat.
- Add second part of cooking oil and then broccoli. Saute until broccoli is cooked through (add a splash of water and cover with a lid if you’d like the broccoli more tender), 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, garlic, and coleslaw mix and saute until peppers and coleslaw mix are starting to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Stir chicken and cashews into stir-fry. Toss everything well to combine.
- Top stir-fry with lime juice, sesame seeds, and cilantro. Enjoy!