Asian Chicken Saladwith spicy aminos vinaigrette / pineapple / cashews
Marinated chicken tops this colorful salad that contains pineapple for natural sweetness and cashews for crunch.
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce of choice - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 6 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved to thin
- Spicy Aminos Marinade and Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 5 Tbsp + 4 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1, chopped
- Pineapple - 1/2, chopped
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1, thinly sliced
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, leaves torn
- Lettuce, green leaf - 8 oz, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/3 cup
- Make marinade / vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, lime juice, aminos, and hot sauce. Add oil (portion for marinade / vinaigrette), while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Slice chicken in half to thin. Combine with first portion of the marinade / vinaigrette (reserve the other portion to dress the salad). Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bell peppers - Chop bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pineapple / Jalapenos / Cilantro / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and season on both sides with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with oil (portion for salad) over medium heat. Add chicken and sear on both sides until cooked through, ~6 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Assemble salads by tossing lettuce and bell peppers with some of the reserved vinaigrette. Top salads with chicken, jalapenos, pineapple, cashews, and cilantro. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 32 reviews
Pretty easy and tasty
Fun, tasty recipe!
Fast weeknight meal when prep was done- try it with pork!
Fantastic! I doubled the chicken to use with the sesame chicken noodle recipe too!
This was pretty tasty and came together quickly using the slaw mix instead of chopping everything myself!
Really really easy (once the chicken was marinating) and yummy!