Late Summer Vegetable Frittata
with goat cheese / roasted broccoli
Running out of ways to use all of that beautiful (but abundant) late summer produce? A frittata is fast, healthy, and can be served at any meal of the day. This version can make use of just about any vegetables and is topped with goat cheese for a rich and savory finish.
Late Summer Vegetable Frittata:
- Leeks - 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Goat cheese - 2 oz , crumbled (sub feta)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Garlic:
- Garlic - 4 cloves , sliced
- Broccoli - 1 lb , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Leeks / Garlic / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn - Halve tomatoes. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs. If using frozen corn, defrost in the microwave. Combine tomatoes and corn in one bowl. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread broccoli out on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Next, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and saute until most of the moisture from the tomatoes has cooked off, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to combine ingredients. Crumble goat cheese over top of frittata.
- Transfer frittata and broccoli to the oven.
- Bake frittata and broccoli for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring broccoli halfway through cooking. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Broccoli is done when tender.)
- Squeeze lemon juice over broccoli.
- Slice frittata. Serve with yogurt on top and broccoli on the side.