Dan Dan-Style Noodleswith pork / broccoli
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 tsp (opt; sub Chinese sesame paste, black bean paste, or peanut butter)
- Chili garlic sauce - 2 tsp, more or less to taste (sub any hot sauce)
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Broccoli - 12 oz, florets
- Noodles, dried ramen - 6 oz (discard seasoning packets if using instant ramen; or sub spaghetti)
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Garlic / Peanuts / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar, toasted sesame oil (portion for sauce), and tahini. Add chili garlic sauce according to your spice preference (the amount listed will make a fairly spicy sauce, so reduce or increase the amount listed if you’d like). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Noodles - Cook noodles according to package directions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok or skillet with first part of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and saute until broccoli turns bright green. Add water to pan and cover with a lid. Steam broccoli until tender, ~3 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from heat and stir in toasted sesame oil (portion for noodles) and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. Set broccoli aside and return wok to heat.
- To wok, add second part of cooking oil and then pork to heated oil. Saute, breaking pork apart, until nearly cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Give sauce a stir and pour over top of pork. Simmer until sauce thickens and pork is cooked.
- If noodles were made ahead, reheat.
- Assemble bowls with noodles, pork, broccoli, cilantro, and peanuts. Add some extra red pepper flakes or some hot sauce (not in ingredients list) if you’d like more heat. Enjoy!
This meal has 59 reviews
Very good! I also used three packs of ramen because my children really like the noodles, and next time I think I’ll make a bit more sauce to coat the noodles more, but it was a big hit for the family!
This was our first cooksmarts recipe. We all loved it. We made it for four. Our only recommendation would be for three packs of ramen noodles instead of two. Other than that, the flavor was great.
Was good even though I substituted cauliflower for broccoli and carrots for mushrooms...
The flavor of the pork was amazing. Loved this recipe!
Putting the tofu in the processor just made a paste even though I only pulsed it a few times and it took more like 20 minutes to cook out all the water, but the flavors were delicious! I used peanutbutter and guess we're a spicy household because I doubled the chili paste and garlic measurements. I'll definitely make it again but cook the tofu differently.
it was ok