Dan Dan-Style Noodleswith pork / broccoli
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 tsp (opt; sub Chinese sesame paste, black bean paste, or peanut butter)
- Chili garlic sauce - 2 tsp, more or less to taste (sub any hot sauce)
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Broccoli - 12 oz, florets
- Noodles, dried ramen - 6 oz (discard seasoning packets if using instant ramen; or sub spaghetti)
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Garlic / Peanuts / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar, toasted sesame oil (portion for sauce), and tahini. Add chili garlic sauce according to your spice preference (the amount listed will make a fairly spicy sauce, so reduce or increase the amount listed if you’d like). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Noodles - Cook noodles according to package directions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok or skillet with first part of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and saute until broccoli turns bright green. Add water to pan and cover with a lid. Steam broccoli until tender, ~3 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from heat and stir in toasted sesame oil (portion for noodles) and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. Set broccoli aside and return wok to heat.
- To wok, add second part of cooking oil and then pork to heated oil. Saute, breaking pork apart, until nearly cooked through, ~5 minutes.
- Give sauce a stir and pour over top of pork. Simmer until sauce thickens and pork is cooked.
- If noodles were made ahead, reheat.
- Assemble bowls with noodles, pork, broccoli, cilantro, and peanuts. Add some extra red pepper flakes or some hot sauce (not in ingredients list) if you’d like more heat. Enjoy!
This meal has 60 reviews
Great flavor. used ground turkey
Will make again! Next time I will add snap peas as others have suggested.
Wow! Everyone in this house said this was good. That never happens! Made it with turkey and used millet ramen from Costco to make it a little healthier. So delicious!
Always great. We like it with rice instead of noodles.
Somehow the pork got mushy. Liked the flavors though and was a satisfying meal
Yay! Putting this in the rotation for sure. Loved the sauce! Had to use egg noodles because I only got one packet of ramen, but that wasn't a bad substitution, actually!