Tomato and Herb Scramble
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2, chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (1 ear fresh corn = ~1 cup / 165 g)
- Lima beans, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (sub peas)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 pint, halved
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter, unsalted - 3 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Eggs - 8
- Onions - Chop onions. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn / Tomatoes - If using frozen corn, defrost. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs. Slice tomatoes in half. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make herb butter - Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat butter (portion for scramble) in the microwave just until softened and starting to melt. Combine butter with garlic, cilantro, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Lima beans - Defrost lima beans if using frozen.
- In a saucepan, combine lima beans, water, and butter (portion for succotash). Cover and cook over medium-high heat until lima beans are tender (~10 minutes for fresh and ~5 minutes for frozen). Remove the cover and continue cooking until excess water has cooked off. Add onions and corn and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, ~3 minutes. Add lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside, covered.
- Place a skillet over high heat. Add herb butter and, once melted, add tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes begin to blacken in spots, ~4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add eggs and gently fold into filling. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked through but still tender, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve eggs with succotash on the side.
Added a box of yellow rice to satisfy the kids. Made the succotash with edamame.0 Helpful
Delicious! Was out of lima beans, subbed edamame. Everyone enjoyed it.0 Helpful
Very fast and easy. Made it with a little extra chicken and sauce. And made roasted green beans instead of the succotash because we love them. Great flavors!0 Helpful
Good quick meal! Really liked the butter on the zucchini sauté.0 Helpful
The flavor of this was good overall, but - here’s a thing I never thought I’d say! - I think I’d prefer a less buttery sauce.0 Helpful
My new favorite quick weeknight meal!0 Helpful