Chicken Cutlets with Tomato-Herb Pan Sauceand zucchini saute
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2, chopped
- Zucchini - 12 oz, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 pint, halved
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter, unsalted - 4 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Onions - Chop onions. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make herb butter - Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat butter in the microwave just until softened and starting to melt. Combine butter with garlic, cilantro, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts - Slice into strips. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and onions and saute until soft, ~4 minutes. Add zucchini and saute until tender, ~6 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish and top with lemon juice.
- Return skillet to heat. Add half the herb butter to the hot pan. Sear chicken on both sides, ~2 minutes per side.
- Add remaining herb butter to pan and scatter tomatoes around chicken. Saute everything together until tomatoes are falling apart and chicken is cooked through (and reaches an internal temperature of 165F / 74C).
- Enjoy chicken with tomatoes and sauce spooned over top and zucchini on the side!
Delicious! Was out of lima beans, subbed edamame. Everyone enjoyed it.0 Helpful
Very fast and easy. Made it with a little extra chicken and sauce. And made roasted green beans instead of the succotash because we love them. Great flavors!0 Helpful
Good quick meal! Really liked the butter on the zucchini sauté.0 Helpful
The flavor of this was good overall, but - here’s a thing I never thought I’d say! - I think I’d prefer a less buttery sauce.0 Helpful
My new favorite quick weeknight meal!0 Helpful
Pretty good. I had to add a lot of salt to the succotash before I liked it.0 Helpful