Tomato and Herb Scramble
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2, chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (1 ear fresh corn = ~1 cup / 165 g)
- Lima beans, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (sub peas)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 pint, halved
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter, unsalted - 3 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Eggs - 8
- Onions - Chop onions. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn / Tomatoes - If using frozen corn, defrost. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs. Slice tomatoes in half. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make herb butter - Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat butter (portion for scramble) in the microwave just until softened and starting to melt. Combine butter with garlic, cilantro, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Lima beans - Defrost lima beans if using frozen.
- In a saucepan, combine lima beans, water, and butter (portion for succotash). Cover and cook over medium-high heat until lima beans are tender (~10 minutes for fresh and ~5 minutes for frozen). Remove the cover and continue cooking until excess water has cooked off. Add onions and corn and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, ~3 minutes. Add lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside, covered.
- Place a skillet over high heat. Add herb butter and, once melted, add tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes begin to blacken in spots, ~4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add eggs and gently fold into filling. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked through but still tender, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve eggs with succotash on the side.
Really easy. The chicken and tomato sauce was excellent. Next time I will try replacing the lima beans with edamame or green beans (limas just don't do it for us).0 Helpful
Made a vegetarian version of the chicken with fake Morningstar chicken strips. Succotash had a little yellow pepper and did shallots (one small) instead of onion. A little extra corn too. Yum!! Kids gobbled it up.0 Helpful
Really easy and delicious0 Helpful
Made both the chicken and the egg (I am a veggie but my husband is not). Both were delicious and our toddler loved it. The veggies were not great though (although the toddler ate them, so that was a win), would make the protein again though.0 Helpful
With using a big pan for the chicken, I had to double the herbed butter to ensure I had sauce at the end. Tasty! Everyone liked the succotash.0 Helpful
I didn’t expect to like it but it was really good. I subbed a can of diced tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes and feel like that was a good call. Some of the tomato sauce mixture got into the succotash in my leftovers and it was really really good. I might double the sauce next time and mix the succotash in with the chicken and sauce.0 Helpful