Chicken Cutlets with Tomato-Herb Pan Sauce
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2 , chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (1 ear fresh corn = ~1 cup / 165 g)
- Lima beans, frozen or fresh - 2 cups (sub peas)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 pint , halved
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Butter, unsalted - 3 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Flour, all-purpose - 1/4 cup
Onions - Chop onions. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make herb butter - Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat butter (portion for chicken) in the microwave just until softened and starting to melt. Combine butter with garlic, cilantro, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Chicken breasts - Slice into strips. Season lightly with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Lima beans - Defrost lima beans if using frozen.
In a saucepan, combine lima beans, water, and butter (portion for succotash). Cover and cook over medium-high heat until lima beans are tender (~10 minutes for fresh and ~5 minutes for frozen). Remove the cover and continue cooking until excess water has cooked off. Add onions and corn and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, ~3 minutes. Add lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside, covered.
While the succotash is cooking, toss chicken in flour (in a mixing bowl or plastic bag).
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the herb butter to the hot pan. Sear chicken on both sides, ~2 minutes per side.
Add remaining herb butter to pan and scatter tomatoes around chicken. Saute everything together until tomatoes are falling apart and chicken is cooked through (and reaches an internal temperature of 165F / 74C).
Enjoy chicken with tomatoes and sauce spooned over top and succotash on the side!