Shrimp and Avocado Salad
with honey-adobo dressing
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, diced
- Lettuce - 8 oz, chopped (like Boston leaf, bibb, or romaine)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (usually found with canned chipotle peppers)
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry.
- Make dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, lime juice (portion for dressing), honey, adobo sauce, and cumin (portion for dressing). Add oil (portion for dressing) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan with oil (portion for salad) over medium heat. Add bell peppers and saute until tender, ~3 minutes.
- To bell peppers, add shrimp with cumin (portion for salad) and saute until opaque and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Squeeze lime juice (portion for salad) over top. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by tossing together lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers, and shrimp. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Top with pepitas. Enjoy!
Used 1/2 of the oil for the dressing. Enjoyed the meal.0 Helpful
Really yummy! Especially the dressing! It wasn’t greasy and had good flavor!0 Helpful
Wasn't bad but nothing special. I probably won't make this one again.0 Helpful
Portobello mushroom, avocado, and quinoa taco salad. 5yo actually ate some red pepper!! I forgot the blue chips, so it was like dessert at the end of the meal. Dressing was amazing- only it was without garlic or adobo sauce plus garam masala, 5yo was literally licking the bowl and next time I need to double it!0 Helpful
Very yummy and easy to make. Filling with lots of textures. There was something bitter about my dressing though. I think next time I’ll do a cilantro lime dressing instead.0 Helpful
Pretty easy and filling. A salad win!0 Helpful