Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad
with honey-adobo dressing / tortilla chips
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, diced
- Lettuce - 8 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like romaine)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Black beans (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (usually found with canned chipotle peppers)
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry.
- Make dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, lime juice (portion for dressing), honey, adobo sauce, and cumin (portion for dressing). Add oil (portion for dressing) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan with oil (portion for salad) over medium heat. Add bell peppers and saute until tender, ~3 minutes.
- To bell peppers, add shrimp with cumin (portion for salad) and saute until opaque and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in beans. Squeeze lime juice (portion for salad) over top. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble salads by tossing together lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers, beans, and shrimp. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Crumble tortilla chips over the top. Enjoy!
Delicious dressing! Doubled the sauce (as usual for a salad). Didn’t have tomatoes or pepper, but added some extra red salsa on top of the tortilla chips for some tomato taste. Added leftover brown rice to the spicy beans. Easy and will make again0 Helpful
Used 1/2 of the oil for the dressing. Enjoyed the meal. 2nd time we made it- cold night so added a little warm rice too.0 Helpful
Really yummy! Especially the dressing! It wasn’t greasy and had good flavor!0 Helpful
Wasn't bad but nothing special. I probably won't make this one again.0 Helpful
Portobello mushroom, avocado, and quinoa taco salad. 5yo actually ate some red pepper!! I forgot the blue chips, so it was like dessert at the end of the meal. Dressing was amazing- only it was without garlic or adobo sauce plus garam masala, 5yo was literally licking the bowl and next time I need to double it!0 Helpful
Very yummy and easy to make. Filling with lots of textures. There was something bitter about my dressing though. I think next time I’ll do a cilantro lime dressing instead.0 Helpful