Egg Salad Ranch Wrapswith carrot sticks
This is not "egg salad" in the way you might be thinking, but a crisp salad tossed with hard-boiled eggs, cucumbers, and homemade ranch dressing rolled into wraps. It's the epitome of a quick weeknight meal that can be entirely prepped ahead and then assembled super fast.
Smarts: Be sure to season the salad mixture with salt and pepper before folding it into the wraps - the right amount of seasoning will give these the most flavor.
- Eggs - 4
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into sticks for dipping
- Lettuce - 5 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like romaine)
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, diced
- Cheese, shredded Italian blend - 4 oz
- Wraps, large - 4 (like burrito-sized tortillas)
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Dill, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - Slice carrots into sticks for dipping. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Finely chop cilantro and chives. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil one at a time while whisking. Stir cilantro, chives, dill, garlic powder, and sugar into dressing. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peel and chop eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together eggs, lettuce, cucumbers, and cheese. Add half the ranch dressing (reserve other half) and toss until well combined. (Note: If made ahead, the dressing may have thickened. You can thin it out with a tiny splash of water if it is too thick to easily toss with the salad.) Season salad with some salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between wraps. Fold / roll wraps to tightly enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with carrot sticks and remaining ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
This meal has 26 reviews
Good ranch recipe, and it was good in the egg salad. I would have preferred bread to the wraps and celery to the cucumbers, but otherwise pretty solid meal. We doubled the sauce and 1.5x the egg salad to make sure we had enough.
Could have used some Tomatoes or even bell pepper, but ranch sauce was delicious.
Great egg salad recipe! Doubled the eggs. Added capers. Added zucchini to carrots to dip and pickles on the side to bulk. Dressing was great, though a little runny since I only used coconut yogurt instead of any mayo. I added some of my vegan ranch to it to make it creamier and used diced celery instead of chives. Delicious!
I was not a fan of these. The texture was too mushy overall and it was more like 3 small servings than 4 regular servings. I ended up adding a can of tuna and some miracle whip to finish it off. The homemade ranch was delicious though a little watery for my taste. I'll just make a tzatziki sauce next time.
I liked this. It was super quick to make, didn't require too many dishes, and it was tasty.
Appreciated the quick and easy recipe but it didn’t blow me away and didn’t quite fill me up. I will be keeping the ranch recipe though!