Rotisserie Chicken Ranch Wrapswith carrot sticks
The epitome of a quick weeknight meal, these salad-filled wraps are elevated with a homemade ranch dressing. All of the elements can be prepped ahead for a meal that can come together super fast.
Smarts: Be sure to season the salad mixture with salt and pepper before folding it into the wraps - the right amount of seasoning will give these the most flavor.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into sticks for dipping
- Lettuce - 5 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like romaine)
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, diced
- Cheese, shredded Italian blend - 4 oz
- Wraps, large - 4 (like burrito-sized tortillas)
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Dill, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Rotisserie chicken - (Shred meat for Thursday at the same time.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - Slice carrots into sticks for dipping. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Finely chop cilantro and chives. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil one at a time while whisking. Stir cilantro, chives, dill, garlic powder, and sugar into dressing. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken (reserve Thursday’s portion if you shredded it at the same time), lettuce, cucumbers, and cheese. Add half the ranch dressing (reserve other half) and toss until well combined. (Note: If made ahead, the dressing may have thickened. You can thin it out with a tiny splash of water if it is too thick to easily toss with the salad.) Season salad with some salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between wraps. Fold / roll wraps to tightly enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with carrot sticks and remaining ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
I give it 5 stars for ease, and 4 stars for taste. So, it's really a 4.5. Kids liked it. I could see making this over and over again when time crunched.0 Helpful
so tasty but a bit boring...loved the ranch!0 Helpful
Good meal, just a little light and left me needing a little more to eat0 Helpful
Pretty good! Mixed up everything but the lettuce for the chicken salad so it wouldn't get mushy as leftovers.0 Helpful
I've never done homemade ranch before and it was really good! Easy meal and easy clean-up. I love wraps as an alternative to salads. They're so much easier to eat!0 Helpful
We served these deconstructed and added topping. I feel like there wasn't enough chicken. The ranch was the best homemade ranch I have tried. I used sour cream instead of yogurt.0 Helpful