Rotisserie Chicken Ranch Wrapswith carrot sticks
The epitome of a quick weeknight meal, these salad-filled wraps are elevated with a homemade ranch dressing. All of the elements can be prepped ahead for a meal that can come together super fast.
Smarts: Be sure to season the salad mixture with salt and pepper before folding it into the wraps - the right amount of seasoning will give these the most flavor.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into sticks for dipping
- Lettuce - 5 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like romaine)
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, diced
- Cheese, shredded Italian blend - 4 oz
- Wraps, large - 4 (like burrito-sized tortillas)
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Dill, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Rotisserie chicken - (Shred meat for Thursday at the same time.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - Slice carrots into sticks for dipping. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Finely chop cilantro and chives. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil one at a time while whisking. Stir cilantro, chives, dill, garlic powder, and sugar into dressing. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken (reserve Thursday’s portion if you shredded it at the same time), lettuce, cucumbers, and cheese. Add half the ranch dressing (reserve other half) and toss until well combined. (Note: If made ahead, the dressing may have thickened. You can thin it out with a tiny splash of water if it is too thick to easily toss with the salad.) Season salad with some salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between wraps. Fold / roll wraps to tightly enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with carrot sticks and remaining ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
This meal has 26 reviews
The greek yogurt style dressing was great! This is also a fairly simple and easy to assemble meal.
Quick and easy. Everyone liked it. I even got to take leftovers for lunch. The best part was the dressing. Yum! And I’m not a ranch dressing person.
Pretty nice. I used egg crapes (hard to find in my local grocery) instead of using lettuce leaves which was really nice but begs the question of whether this needs to be a wrap at all. The ranch was nice. I would double the dressing amount next time to have more for dipping. Left overs will be great for lunch for a day or two. Missed four stars because it is kind of bland for dinner, a four star lunch.
Overall it wasn’t bad. Kept the lettuce separate for leftovers. The ranch was ok - but we prefer the recipe we’ve been using for a while. Think I picked the wrong Italian cheese blend - should have stuck with just parm and/or Asiago. Kids liked it - both wanted seconds. It kept falling out of their wrap because it was so big. Will use taco sized for them next time.
Quick and easy. Loved by the whole family! The ranch was very flavorful. Served with a side of fruit as well as the carrots.
I give it 5 stars for ease, and 4 stars for taste. So, it's really a 4.5. Kids liked it. I could see making this over and over again when time crunched.